Karen sped up the mountain without problem, but I was the slow poke.
After ditching all non-essential gear along the side of the trail (sleeping bags, dry clothes, GPS, etc.) I did manage to get the bottle of wine and full pan of lasagna up to the hut!
Karen Frances has most of the photos, so she will need to create the trip report.
-------- QUOTABLES --------[add your favorites here]
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. -John Muir
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -Mahatma Gandhi
Wake up intentional. The universe will notice. -Author Unknown
To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose - Dr. Seuss
Use what talents you possess- the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those who sang best. - Henry Jackson Van Dyke
3 comments:
so how was it?!! Did you manage to pull your food sled all the way up there?!! i want to see pictures darlings!
Karen sped up the mountain without problem, but I was the slow poke.
After ditching all non-essential gear along the side of the trail (sleeping bags, dry clothes, GPS, etc.) I did manage to get the bottle of wine and full pan of lasagna up to the hut!
Karen Frances has most of the photos, so she will need to create the trip report.
I am dropping off the film for developing today.
It was super fun - with the exception of the 2 nature calls that took me out into subzero winds @ 2 am!
I'd definitely do it again.
Tommy made a GREAT pack mule!
Post a Comment